Thursday, June 7, 2012

Pine Hill Park // Kingdom Trails

Ahhhhh, finally a weekend off from racing!

Don't get me wrong, I've learned to love my road racing, but the dirt is where it's always going to be at. Despite the ill weather this weekend, I headed out with my teammates both days for some good quality riding in the rain. We rode some pretty technical trails, littered with slick rocks, roots and bridges – made deadly by the good ol' rain!

John, Kenny, Alden and me after shredding at Pine Hill. 
Saturday we hit up Pine Hill Park in Rutland, Vermont. The climbs were reasonable and rideable for the most part, but the descending through the woods was sketchy. The Pine Hill trail network is phenomenal – lots of banked turns, bridges and technical riding galore. Luckily both John and Kenny know the trails there like the back of their hands, so decisions were made rapid fire and more riding was done than talking (fine by me – the mosquitos were ferocious!) 

As my friend Cody says, "straight pinned homie!!" Hitting up the jumps at Pine Hill. 

On Sunday John, Kenny and I drove up to Kingdom Trails in East Burke, Vermont. The weather was a little bit better, but not a whole lot – ay what's new!? My legs felt hard as wood as we first started riding, but once we got over the first climb before dropping in I felt better. Burke Mtn. was closed for today (they don't like you people dragging their brakes when things are super wet), so we rode for nearly 3 hours on all of the black diamond trails we could find across from the mountain. The rain turned the already tricky roots and rocks into slimy skin peelers. Traversing off-camber roots have never been my favorite – but I especially hate 'em in the rain! 

Me and my teammate "Kenny G" striking a pose...because John told us to!

Top of Heaven's Bench

One of the many bridges at Kingdom Trails...

Who ever said I had short arms?! 


Here's to good friends and some of the best riding right out our backdoors!




No comments:

Post a Comment