Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sticky Bun Ride

Smokin' 3 hour ride. We started out pretty mellow until the guys went ape just before we hit Pomfret. We were riding two-abreast in a pace-line out of Woodstock, and my legs felt pretty lame for the first half hour of the ride. Anyways, as usual the guys hammered the hills. Our first climb of the day was Wild Apple Road, and shortly after conquering the climb we rode this gnarly Class 4 road that brought us out near the Pomfret town hall. It was pretty sketchy riding on such glazed over terrain, especially while running ~45psi. Man, usually I'd run ~20psi...or I'd just avoid that stuff all together!

"I waaanna sticky buuuunn!" What a motley crew.
L-R: Coachie, me, Tommy, Ansel, Peter Jr. and Brendan aka "The Beast"


We cruised into East Barnard, home of VT artist Sabra Field, then after a few too many punchy climbs and icy descents we arrived in Randolph. We loaded up on some homemade sticky buns, muffins and caffeine, then hit the road again for the 1.5hour return trip home. We had fun torturing one another on the three long climbs out of Randolph. On one of them I swear we rode to the clouds! Eventually we cut back over to Barnard then to Woodstock on Stage Rd.  I was flying today and my legs felt good! The sun was out, the roads were firm and I my feet didn't feel like frozen bags of veggies. By the time we got back to Woodstock, I was totally wasted. But it was so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment