Monday, July 2, 2012

Tour de la rele`ve internationale de Rimouski


On July 4th – July 16th I'll be in Canada for some bike racing!

As if my trip down to Augusta, Georgia wasn't enough, on July 4th – July 16th I'll be training, racing and living with some new Canadian teammates! I will be guest riding for the National Cycling Centre Hamilton team called Team CHCH, based out of Hamilton, Ontario. This centre is one of five nationally recognized centres in Canada that is responsible for identifying, recruiting, testing, coaching and training high performance development athletes in the Province of Ontario. In just five years since their program started, they've accumulated over 22 medals at National Championships and their program has produced several Canadian National team members. By no means is this a club team! 

Imagine after 2 days: the amount of time you have spent in the car exceeds your time spent on the bike.
All I can say is that I got out to stretch my legs at lunch on our way to GA, and then I just kinda lost it...
I will be riding on the Junior Women U19 team with three other Canadian based female riders. I will be racing in the Grand Prix cycliste de Rimouski on July 11th, an international race intended for junior women ONLY – and get this: it's the only 1.1 UCI sanctioned race in America for Junior Women cyclists. 

The GP happens the day before the second event, the Tour de la relève internationale de Rimouski. The Tour de Rimouski (as I'll call it to keep things short) is a six-stage race for both male and females ranging from 15-16 and 17-18. It will take place on July 12th – July 15th. 

Check out my new set up! I'm now running a 52x14. 
I have been waiting for these events ever since the Team CHCH head coach, Rick Lee, made contact with my coach about this opportunity way back in early May. I am excited be on a team with other junior women, and compete against other Canadian, US and European riders. My racing experience consists of only regional and national events, and it has always been a personal goal to race in Canada. Looks like I'll be able to spend my last few races as a junior for road livin' the dream. 

Here is the news release for Rimouski on the Team CHCH website.
The official Tour de Rimouski event website is here


Thanks to the KMS team and our sponsors for making this opportunity possible. 





No comments:

Post a Comment